Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 29 of 29 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11145 - 10/13/05 11:38 AM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
Maqhamehlezi Offline
Nduna

Loc: Emzini wezi-Nkonjane
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lobengula:
<strong> Sinatha

THE THIRD WAY
By Prof Jonathan Moyo
Monday July 25, 2005

THE THIRD WAY IS NOT A THIRD PARTY
I have come across some simplistic claims or suggestions that the Third Way or Third Force is or would be a third party. Based on this assumption some commentators have been quick to assert that a third party in Zimbabwe is a non starter and therefore not viable. Even some academics have made this point. I agree that a third party would not serve any useful purpose in Zimbabwe today beyond giving constitutional and academic expression to the right of Zimbabweans to form and join political parties as they wish. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what is this UPM then Jona since you said on your article above that the third way is not a political party or going to be one?We are sick and tired of your Machiavillian ways and traits.

#11146 - 10/13/05 11:51 AM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
Lobengula Offline
Nkosi

Loc: Tsholotsho
Maqhama

The answer to your question comes from the very article where you extracted your quote above.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> The assumption that the Third Way is an attempt at forming a third party is totally misplaced and not true. Zimbabwe does not have two parties but already has a plethora(many) of them such that one more political party (UPM) would not bring to three, the number of political parties in the country.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The learned professor sought to portray the fact that in Zim currently there are many parties already hence the Third Way can't be a Third Party since we do not have only two parties but many. It could be the 10nth party.

#11147 - 10/13/05 11:53 AM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
SINATHAMAHEWU Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: The Republic of Mthwakazi
Lobs,

I respect your view on my explanation not being convincing to you. It is your democratic right to either accept it or not accept it. However your democratic right not to accept it does not in any way or form change my explanation in the present and the future. That is the stance I have taken baba Mthiyana. It is either you go along with it or you reject it and I can not labour much to convince you otherwise for it will be a waste of precious time.

Let us get back to the Third Way and what it promises for Mthwakazi. This is your own statement below about the Third Way:

'Aside from the above, Sinatha, I still have a few problems with the 3rd Way in the sense that it is not clear how it will accomodate and address our concerns. Issues of security, autonomy, cultural independence, economic empowerment, devolution of power,prosecution of Gukurahundi operatives, federation etc etc. These are bread and butter issues for us as Mthwakazian sons and daughters. But as I understand it, these issues will be built into the main text provided we make submissions alongside other groupings who would be submitting their regional issues. On that score I do not think we can fail to document our objectives and what we need and forward them to the powers-that-be.' Mthiyana

Is it not pleasing that it has dawned on the learned economist that this Third Way is a joke when it comes to the unique problems of Mthwakazi? Is it not pleasing to note and learn that the learned economist, our one and only learned economist kwi-inkundla has come full circle to join hands with SINATHA in condemning the Third Way's lack of clear and concise political interventions it has for Mthwakazi? Could this aha! phenomena that is gripping our learned economist be celebrated?

When I say that this Third Way attempts to treat and bandage Mthwakazi's problems with that of Zimbabwe, am I not telling the truth. Is your above statement a confirmation of my robust and unrelenting criticism of this Third Way and its proponents?

Why our we being rallied to 'sacrifice' our lives for 'Zimbabwe', when we have done so in the past only to reap the rewards of persecution and an attempt to extaminate us? Should we be sacrificing our lives to liberate Zimbabwe or Mthwakazi? It would appear the learned economist has chosen to liberate Zimbabwe. We have chosen the path of liberating Mthwakazi. Mthwakazi is our life, our heart, our flesh and our soul. Zimbabwe is our oppressor, our enemy, our exploitor, our marginaliser and our killer!

#11148 - 10/13/05 12:13 PM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
Lobengula Offline
Nkosi

Sinatha

Yes, indeed, the onus is upon us not to be lazzy and complacent. Wev need to interogate this Third Way animal so that we are not caught politically with our pants below our knees.

That is why we need to put our views on the table and say, this is what our people want. But let me assure you baba Sinatha that I have pesonally engaged the leadership of this movement and I have been assured that all our concerns are being addressed. However, I will only be happy if I see them in black and white on paper.

Still the ball(or balls) is/are on our legs to spell out unequivocally what is it exactly that we need. We must point out that we nned federation, autonomy, economic opportunities, security and we need to see the Gukurahundi functionaries prosecuted.

#11149 - 10/13/05 10:44 PM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
SINATHAMAHEWU Offline
Ndunankulu

Lobs'

Another interesting article from Masola! I disagree with him on MDC though, but most of it is true including what he says about your idol, professor Moyo!

hk hk hk

They refused to sing with us
-----------------------------------------------------

Last updated: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:17:13 GMT
WAY back in the early eighties, Zimbabwe was so politically divided (perhaps along tribal lines) that when the people of Matabeleland sang songs against Robert Mugabe?s dictatorship, most of the country sang back louder and more vociferously against them.

For the souls that yearned for unfettered freedom in Matabeleland, singing songs against Mugabe was like a tiny tad-pole trying to learn the skills of croaking in a sea teaming with sharks. The danger of singing against Mugabe?s rule was real, unimagined and its extent in terms of extremity was immeasurable. The people of Matabeleland sang lonely hymns with an occasional contribution to the chorus by the people of Chipinge.

As the people sang, the rest of the country wondered why so few people felt disenfranchised by the occasion of Mugabe at State House. To silence the few voices of reason, the rest of the country croaked back in deafening tunes. The youth brigades of torture and doom churned louder and longer songs against the people of Matabeleland. Soldiers of misfortune, hurriedly manufactured by instructors from North Korea, composed death messages and broadcast them as songs to deride the people of Matabeleland.
"Joshua Nkomo sang from exile in London. When he came back, he even had the misfortune of experiencing Mugabe?s angry mob when his entourage was stoned in Masvingo"
MASOLA WA DABUDABU

The people of Tsholotsho were given the song ?Comrade tora bazooka, to nange Tjolotjo, torove mhandu iyo!? Then the soldiers of infamy went dancing and desecrating the holiness and the sanctity of the said area of Tsholotsho. People were sung to and danced upon until they were lifeless ? Mtshaya?zafe - hit him until he/she is lifeless! The Zanu PF women?s league gave the people more vile songs as if to serenade their appetite for freedom from Mugabe.

Zanu PF was a satanic religion headed by a devil. The gospel they preached and taught was evil. They sang their own version of Psalms; only this time they were known as Songs of Robert Mugabe. They read verses from the satanic writings and prayed for death upon their opponents. It was hell on earth; and it is still hell on earth! Singing against Mugabe usually culminated in the invocation of Mugabe?s misguided murderous instincts. At one time, Joshua Nkomo sang from exile in London. When he came back, he even had the misfortune of experiencing Mugabe?s angry mob when his entourage was stoned in Masvingo by enthusiastic Zanu PF supporters during the 1985 general election campaign.

No-one was really safe! Mugabe could even shoot his own foot if he thought he heard it dance to tunes sang by the unhappy people of Matabeleland. To safe-guard his own despotic tendencies, Mugabe re-invented the art of incarceration and political apartheid. Dumiso Dabengwa and Lookout Masuku sang from Chikurubi prison. We sang from the slams, the ghettos, the mud huts and sullen hearts.

It took a solid fifteen years for a larger percentage of the people of Zimbabwe to realise that Mugabe was after-all a wimp and a liar who would kill to remain in state house.
The people started singing with a semblance of cohesion. Mutare sang against Mugabe. Harare did the same. Masvingo sang too. The songs were electrifying. It was what the people who longed for democracy wanted to hear. The whole of Zimbabwe could not sing with the same tune and tempo though.

Whilst the cities sang against Mugabe, the rural peasants of UMP, Sadza, Chikomba, Zvimba and further a-field in Mashonaland were trying hard to make a demi-god out of the devil. Educated people sang for Mugabe against the calling of democracy. The ignorant, the poor, the rich and the unknowing knowingly sang for Mugabe. The people of UMP were the most notorious, and perhaps they remain so in wanting to please Mugabe by song and dance. These unfortunate political bigots will dance until the soles of their un-shoed feet burn with bloody pain.

So, the professors of song sang and danced; so did Jonathan Moyo. The doctors who do not prescribe pain-killers but kill painfully also found themselves singing and dancing against the people; so did Doctor Sydney Sekeramai. The witch-doctors sang as well; Hunzvi, Chinotimba and others. Businessmen with ill-gotten riches sang; Mutumwa Mawere, Ibbo Mandaza and Philip Chiyangwa. The terrible tenor from the Rhodesia Broadcasting Corporation; James Makamba also sang. The singing could only get louder; the drum could only get hotter and the tempo more evil!

As the singing by the devil?s advocates clogged our ear-drums and our air-waves, the suffering and the disenchantment amongst the people grew! Today, UMP would rather sing against Mugabe. Today, Zvimba would rather sing with the people. So far, their hearts are full of yellow chicken blood. They will not sing because they are afraid. James Makamba, so resolutely Zanu PF in money, may soon be singing with the people. Mutumwa Mawere is singing from his luxurious hide-out in Johannesburg and he sounds willing to wail longer and louder for the eventual emancipation of the people.

The singing professor, crafty in formulating the repressive piece of legislature (AIPPA) is singing too. As if he has a crunch with the people from the district whose name has the acronym UMP, he is busy singing praises for UPM. UPM seeks to sing louder than the oppressive Zanu PF and with a better vision than the courageous MDC. Agh?. So we hear that the song will liberate you. The singing will cure your ills and curse the ill that is Mugabe to oblivion. Lets us sing!

Masola wa Dabudabu is a columnist for New Zimbabwe.com and was previously a regular columnist with the banned Daily News.

#11150 - 10/14/05 06:09 AM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
Lobengula Offline
Nkosi

Sinatha

I think Masola's input is pregnant with rhetoric and slogneering which dwarfs otherwise good points that he raises.

It is noteworthy that it has nothing to do with the topic under discussion, ie, the Third Way.

#11151 - 10/14/05 08:52 AM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
Ndukuyezizwe Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: South Africa
Masola has Deliberately not included Tshwangilayi name in the list of those who sang Mugaxabe Praises when he was butchering our people.

He could be Masola Hero,but Tshwangilayi like Mugaxabe will never be a hero of our people and never Was ,look at his latest attempt to Regionalise Welshman Ncube to Matebeleland and Midlands,For a Free Mthwakazi we will fight the Thirdway,Mdc and ZANU PF.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, the professors of song sang and danced; so did Jonathan Moyo. The doctors who do not prescribe pain-killers but kill painfully also found themselves singing and dancing against the people; so did Doctor Sydney Sekeramai. The witch-doctors sang as well; Hunzvi, Chinotimba and others. Businessmen with ill-gotten riches sang; Mutumwa Mawere, Ibbo Mandaza and Philip Chiyangwa. The terrible tenor from the Rhodesia Broadcasting Corporation; James Makamba also sang. The singing could only get louder; the drum could only get hotter and the tempo more evil!

#11152 - 10/14/05 10:05 PM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
SINATHAMAHEWU Offline
Ndunankulu

Lobs,

Lobs much to the contrary, part of this article gives us a good back ground to the origins of the Third Way and those who are its torch-bearers. It gives an illuminating and interesting account of where the likes of Jonathan Moyo and his Third Way are coming from. Jonathan Moyo and the Third Way are inseparable. They are two sides of the same coin. Amazingly Jonathan Moyo and some of his Zanu PF collegues are probably still inseperable, hence this call from the Third Way to get killers from Zanu PF and political opportunists and Killers from MDC(MDC is a party infested with Zanu PF renegates who were part of the killing machine of our pple) to come together to 'liberate' Zimbabwe. Moyo and these people are the very people who have always sang praises of Mugabe. The difference between Moyo and those ZPF rebels found in MDC is the timing of their praises for Mugabe. At the time(80's) when they were singing praises for Mugabe(this include Tswangson) and his killing machine, Moyo was a lecturer at UZ, busy criticisng Mugabe for him to get noticed. When it was time for Moyo to sing praises for Mugabe, they had been squeezed out of Zanu PF and they were now on the otherside of the divide, meant to be telling the world how evil Mugabe was. Jonathan Moyo have come full circle to make a hypocritical attempt to join them while he still retains links with the killing machines of our people and makes a desperate attempt to hoodwink us and lead us into this false sense of Zimabwean patriotism and call upon us to join hands to 'liberate Zimbabwe' through his so called Third Way! My size 15 foot! We can not be fooled. Our mission is now to liberate Mthwakazi and we will sacrifice our lives for that kind of liberation and not for Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe was, is and will always be our enemy until we get to liberate ourselves from it.

#11153 - 10/14/05 12:02 PM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
Lobengula Offline
Nkosi

Sinatha

I see that you affectionately refer to one Tshwangilayi as "Tswangson" hk hk hk. Hayi mfana ngiyabona ukuthi nge Woza Friday uyadakwa ngempela. Kanti seqale nini ukuba affectionately known as "Tswangson" uMtshwankela womuntu lo bakithi? Could this infatuation and crash on Tshwangilayi have started recently soon after he stage-managed a one man demonstration, when he walked to work?

#11154 - 10/14/05 12:10 PM Re: LITHINI MADODA NGE THIRD WAY SOLUTION
SINATHAMAHEWU Offline
Ndunankulu

You are very clever yet not so clever at making illustrious attempt to shove your head in the sand like an ostrich, flap your colourful wings to gain some attention on issues that lack substance. Your latest message is a strong confirmation of this true statement of mine. hk hk hk izakulimaza ikhasila!

Page 29 of 29 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert