Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12342 - 07/21/02 06:15 PM Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
Msilawobe Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: Zimbabwe
Should we be marying any other tribes, later on Shonas?<p>Are you in favour of intermarriages with the Shona?<p>Are you one of those advancing the slogan: Induku enhle iganyulwa ezizweni!<p>Where do you stand? Is our culture strong with this Shona dilution?<p>What about odadewethu who go and marry the Shonas?<p>Can we ever prevent this or it is just a non starter?<br>

#12343 - 07/22/02 12:50 PM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
Saduva Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: Khonale
Cha!

#12344 - 07/22/02 10:20 PM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
matabele Offline
Sakhamuzi

MS, the solution to o dade wethu going off to marry shonas is really simple. You as a Ndebele man need to offer them more hope and prospects. Some are driven there becoz of love, others simply out of economic desperation. I say economic desperation becoz Ndebele is a strong closely nit culture (probably the one only remaining distinct culture -save for the Tonga), and some of these women would not go there if tina ochomi had our act together.

#12345 - 07/23/02 10:01 PM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
iBoyz yezkweyeni Offline
Ngqwele

Uthando luya laph'olukhethe khona Msila. Utsho kahle njalo uMndebele - asikhangele imbangela.

#12346 - 07/23/02 11:11 AM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
Msilawobe Offline
Ngqwele

matabele<p>ngiyakuzwa nsizwa, but what about abafowethu labo asebelandela odade?<p>Boyz<p>Liqiniso lelo olitshoyo. Now if we as ndebeles accept this view, why are most of us against this!<p>abanengi bethu sikhuluma kubi ngamatshona kodwa ntambama sisuka siyelala abantwana babo!<p>or odadewethu bendele khona!<p>my question is: is our culture strengthened by this or it is weakened?<p><br>I need points for and against this question!

#12347 - 07/23/02 02:31 PM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
matabele Offline
Sakhamuzi

MS, I think the real solution to what appears to be our cultural demise by these cross-marriages is the strengthening of our culture. I am not against the ross marriages, they happen in all cultures, but is usually kept at a minimum by strong cultural ties. A good example, again are the Jews in Israel. How many Jew-Christian marriages have you read about (they are there, but not many).<p>Otherwise trying to stop the whole thing is absolutely impossible, becoz there is nothing stronger than the power of love. Believe me I know. The first and only girl I ever fell in love with was Shona, in Harare (1994). I have never seen her since, but I think I have made one point.<p>The other comes in the form of a question. You know now in many european countries there is what appears to be anti-foreigner sentiments leading to the tightening of immigration laws. The truth of the matter is that this is their fight for racial survival. Last year I watched this science program that said if the current frenzy of intermarriages continues, in the next 50 - 70 years guess who will be the worlds most populace race - COLOUREDS.

#12348 - 07/23/02 04:53 PM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
Msilawobe Offline
Ngqwele

matabele<p>it is true that this should happen at minimum level at the very least!<p>But for Godsake odadewethu and abafowethu are flocking to the shona people in droves to marry them!<p><br>how can our culture be strengthened later on survive this shona hegemonist crusade!<p>Safa isiZwe mani!

#12349 - 07/23/02 06:46 PM Re: Ndebeleism and Cultural Purism
mavulakuvaliwe Offline
Mafikizolo

Adopt the mavulakuvaliwe philosophy which is, 'Angila mkhonto ogwaz' uthuvi', adopt this idealogy magents for sure konke kuzoba right kubebright! Seven kuleyondawo!

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert