Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17877 - 08/26/02 08:28 AM psl results
yizo yizo Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: Harare
do you have all the latest psl results. post them on this thread.<p>www.allzimbabwe.com (go to bosso forum), chronicle.co.zw, herald.co.zw, dailynews.co.zw

#17878 - 08/27/02 05:27 AM Re: psl results
yizo yizo Offline
Sikhulu

CAPS stun Bosso <p>8/26/02 12:56:12 PM (GMT +2)<br> <br> <br>By Tendai Madinah <p>CAPS United . . . . . . (1) 1 <br>Highlanders . . . . . . . . . 0 <br>A STUNNING Leonard Tsipa goal rescued CAPS United?s faltering soccer season when they upstaged Highlanders in the BP League Cup final at the National Sports Stadium yesterday. <p>Tsipa, a deadly striker on his day, scored the solitary goal as early as the fifth minute. <p>It was a strike that will live long in the memory of CAPS fans and the neutral among a crowd of over 20 000. <p>Tsipa, who finished the tournament?s joint top goal scorer with Chipo Tsodzo of Masvingo United on five, fired from about 25 metres out after spotting Highlanders goalkeeper Tapuwa Kapini off his line. <p>Tsipa will share $100 000 prize with Tsodzo. It was CAPS? fourth BP League Cup success after lifting it from 1996 to 1998. <p>For winning the trophy, the pharmaceutical side walked away with $1,5 million, while Highlanders got $800 000. <p>CAPS, who are out of running for the league title, had to win the trophy to appease their fans and justify their turning professional this season. <p>Not many had given them a chance against in-form Highlanders and celebrations that followed the final whistle matched those that one would expect for winning the coveted league championship. <p>As so often happens in cup matches, the Harare side defied all the odds to cut Highlanders down to size. It could have been worse for Bosso had CAPS not been wasteful. <p>But once CAPS had taken the lead Highlanders never recovered. The Bulawayo side, who had scored seven goals in their two previous games, failed to make any meaningful raids on their opponents? goal. They had few chances which they failed to utilise. It was CAPS who looked the more menacing on the counter. Each time Mike Temwanjira and Tsipa were in possession, the Highlanders goal was under danger. <p>Highlanders had the best chance of levelling the score in the 70th minute, but Thabani Masawi shot weakly into the legs of CAPS goalkeeper Energy Murambadoro after some fantastic work on the right by substitute Mkhokheli Dube. The visitors were let down in midfield where Zambian Charles Chilufya and Richard Choruma played a subdued game. Their creative player was defender and captain Dazzy Kapenya, hence the few scoring opportunities created. <p>But the normally reliable Kapini nearly gifted CAPS a second goal in the 52nd minute following poor communication with his defenders. They were saved by referee Kenny Marange who blew his whistle seemingly to protect the goalkeeper.<br> <p>

#17879 - 08/27/02 05:29 AM Re: psl results
yizo yizo Offline
Sikhulu

What they said after the BP League Cup final <p>8/26/02 12:56:50 PM (GMT +2)<br> <br> <br>By Nzwanayi Nyandoro and Dakarai Mashava <p>Leonard Tsipa (CAPS goal scorer): ?It was a wonder strike. I can?t describe how I am feeling right now. It is always great to score a goal that brings smiles to your supporters.? <p>Lloyd Chitembwe (CAPS captain): ?It is wonderful. It is like reliving the good old days of 1996. It is great to captain a winning side, particularly against a team as good as Highlanders. Nobody gave us a chance, but we went in there and played like wounded lions.? <p>Energy Murambadoro (CAPS goalkeeper): ?At least we have won something for our fans who have been very patient with us when all was not going well for us. It is a wonderful feeling for our young team.? <p>Rahman Gumbo (CAPS coach): ?It was payback time for my former employers Highlanders. I feel really good. My youngsters refused to be intimidated and they deservedly won the game. Tsipa?s goal was fantastic.? <p>Eddie May (Highlanders coach): ?I?m not worried by the result. My main aim is winning the league championship. Winning a cup is a bonus. This was a tough match. We didn?t create many chances today. We didn?t play to our ability. Our attacks fizzled out in the final third of the field.? <p>Kennedy Ndebele (Highlanders secretary): ?We lost a number of chances. In soccer it?s goals that count. That was the difference.? <p>Dazzy Kapenya (Highlanders captain): ?We had all the possession. CAPS used their chance and won. That?s it.? <p>Andy Hodges (CAPS chief executive officer): ?I?m overwhelmed. My team went in there as underdogs but played like real warriors. The youngsters deserve everybody?s praise.They tore the form book to shreds.? <p>Charles Mhlauri (CAPS assistant coach): ?Winning the BP League Cup is good for us as it somehow compensates for our poor run in the Premier Soccer League. We deserved to be victors.? <p>Sunday Marimo (national coach): ?It was a typical cup final with all the usual caution and tension. CAPS held their nerve and that is why they won.? <p>Leo Mugabe (Zimbabwe Football Association chairman): ?It was a wonderful cup final. There was a real family atmosphere. The two teams played competitively, but still sportsmanship reigned supreme.? <p>Rafiq Khan (Premier Soccer League chairman): ?It was an excellent cup final. Both teams played well. <p>?The better team won the game. We thank the sponsors, the fans and the two teams for making this competition a success.? <br> <p>

#17880 - 08/27/02 11:37 AM Re: psl results
sidunusile Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: united kingdom
Good man keep it up!!!

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert