Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2022 - 05/20/05 03:24 PM Shonalising Mthwakazi
Mtshede Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: London
As Archbishop Ncube attends the Robert Burns humanitarian award ceremony this evening one can only wish him everything of the best for all that he has done and continues to do to tell the truth in the land of lies.

Robert Burns who lived in Scotland from 1759-1796 wrote poetry in a dialect which can be difficult to read but his poetry nonetheless evokes one's admiration for all people of goodwill, conscience and bravery.

One can only salute Ncube, a man of independent mind who tries to listen to his conscience when so many others have sold their conscience.

Liars lie that he is a sellout to the west and the whites.

Liars lie that Ncube does not care about the masses of our people and that he does not wish to see our people enjoying the land God gave us all to share equally.

Well the truth is ultimately always respected, vindicated, and triumphant.

And one day when God judges the son of the Father of Lies Mgabe I don't think he will be sent to the same place as a man of God like the Mtshabezi man.

Uyindoda emadodeni.

Or as Burns put it:

Is there, for honest poverty
That hings his head, an' a' that?
The coward slave, we pass him by
We dare be poor for a' that!
For a' that, an' a' that,
Our toils obscure , an' a' that;
The rank is but the the guinea stamp;
The Man's the gowd for a' that!

2. What tho' on hamely fare we dine,
Wear hodden grey, an' a' that;
Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine,
A Man's a Man for a' that!
For a' that an' a' that,
Their tinsel show and a' that;
The honest man, though ne'er sae poor,
Is king o' men for a' that!

3. Ye see yon birkie ca'd a lord,
Wha struts, and stares, an' a' that;
Tho' hundreds worship at his word,
He's but a coof for a' that:
For a' that an' a' that,
His riband, star, and a' that;
The Man of independent mind,
He looks an' laughs at a' that!

4. A prince can mak a belted knight,
A marquis, duke, an' a' that;
But an honest Man's aboon his might,
Guid faith he maunna fa' that!
For a' that an' a' that,
Their dignities an' a' that,
The pith o' sense, an' pride o' worth,
Are higher ranks than a' that.

5. Then let us pray that come it may ?
As come it will for a' that ?
That sense and worth, o'er a' the earth,
May bear the gree, and a' that;
For a' that, an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that
That Man to Man the warld o'er,
Shall brothers be for a' that!

#2023 - 05/20/05 04:09 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Skuvethe Offline
Nduna

Loc: I've never been to Heaven
Indeed ka Mtshede! But, while u Mfundisi Ncube is the perfect embodiment of christianity and hope, he was born in the wrong tribe, as far as Zvimbabwe is concerned.
In the wider scheme of Zvimbabwean things, he cannot be a national voice, either in the christian church or political arena. Sad but true.

Kunjalo nje
Kahlale eyibambile uMfundisi, angay'yeki. Sebenza!!

#2024 - 05/20/05 04:33 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Mtshede Offline
Ndunankulu

I must admit Sku that I do share your feeling that this man has been isolated within Zvimba in a very unfortunate and unchristian manner by people who tribalistically call him a tribalist.

At the same time his profile internationally has risen sky-high and I do believe he has an important function to play in conscientizing the world to the issues of our homeland.

#2025 - 05/21/05 05:07 AM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Zwangendaba Offline
Nkosi

Loc: New York, New York, USA
Bafowethu.

Angilawo amanengi. Ngizacela kwabaphansi ukuthi basithandazele kuMdali ayilondoloze le indoda engu Ncube.

Umuntu ubongwa esefile.

Li Zwangendaba.

#2026 - 05/21/05 10:26 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
waMalikongwa Offline
Sakhamuzi

Loc: Jozi
Mahlabe'Zulu!

Pius is the Man. He is objective, critical, fearless and blameless.He speaks his views, does not mince his words but it appears no one is taking heed. Many a times he has called on the people to pray for Robert's demise, called on the opposition to assume valour and lead the people to rise against Bob...to no avail.
Is there really a dearth of leadershipn the country?Are people placing their hope of salvation with coward sand opportunists?

Methinks these people at the forefront are both.We need people with balls..,guts people who can fight this demon. What do you think?

I wish Ncube was a politician and not a man of cloth.

LETS GET OUT AND SEARCH FOR LEADERS FOR TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE.
STAND UP ZIMBABWEANS NAD STOP MOURNING, FRETTING AND FUMING!

Find more man like Ncube. VIVA NCUBE! VIVA!

#2027 - 05/21/05 10:38 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Skuvethe Offline
Nduna

Bandla, look to women of WOZA. Yibo who have 'balls' right now.

Next leadership kumele iphume kwi WOZA. Vele.

#2028 - 05/22/05 06:03 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Mtshede Offline
Ndunankulu

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Failed Zimbabwean asylum-seekers face death, Blair warned

MAGNUS LINKLATER

ARCHBISHOP Pius Ncube, the winner of the 2005 Burns Humanitarian Award, has called on Tony Blair to stop the repatriation of failed Zimbabwean asylum-seekers, saying they would face "certain death" if they returned to their country.

The longstanding critic of Robert Mugabe won Scotland's fledgling equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize, in recognition of his struggle against the Zimbabwean regime.

In an exclusive interview with Scotland on Sunday, he warned of widespread starvation in his country and urged the world community to continue opposing the dictator.

The archbishop of Bulawayo urged Britain to reverse its policy, introduced last year, of returning Zimbabweans who have failed in their efforts to be granted asylum. Britain refuses sanctuary to refugees unless they can convince authorities they will face persecution in their own countries.

There are an estimated 1,800 Zimbabweans in the UK who have failed in their attempts to win asylum.

Ncube said: "I urge Britain to suspend all action against Zimbabwean asylum-seekers who face certain death if they are returned to the country."

Ominously, the Zimbabwean government has warned they will regard nationals repatriated from the UK as potential "undercover mercenaries".

Ncube

warned of widespread starvation in Zimbabwe because of crop failure and the mismanagement of its once-rich farmland, laying blame at the feet of the

so-called "freedom fighters", who have taken over land from which white farmers have been ousted and allowed farms to deteriorate to the point where harvests have been barely a quarter of what had been expected.

"They have no idea how to farm," he said. "I call them 'cell-phone farmers' because that is how they keep in touch with what is going on. They are away during the week and only come down to visit their land on a Friday. You can't run a farm that way."

He said that since the recent elections, which Mugabe and his Zanu-PF party are widely suspected of rigging, conditions in rural areas have deteriorated sharply. The rainy seasons have been disastrous, to the point where there are serious shortages of drinking water. Emergency supplies of grain are being withheld from those who voted against Mugabe.

The Archbishop, present as part of the annual Burns Festival, said there was widespread evidence that the election results, which brought in yet another Mugabe victory, had been rigged, with ballot boxes stuffed with pro-Zanu votes, and opponents of Mugabe facing threats and intimidation.

He said that the only possibility of rescuing Zimbabwe from corruption and economic decline was a popular uprising within the country.

He said: "I have been asking the people of Zimbabwe, 'Why do you not get rid of the guy? Why allow this man to bully you?' I have called for a national uprising. But we lack a leader, someone to inspire people - a Mahatma Gandhi who would walk barefoot to lead the people. Unfortunately, we just don't have that person at the moment. Yes, there is a lot of fear in Zimbabwe, but you can overcome fear."

Archbishop Ncube himself has never lacked courage. He has faced a lifetime of intimidation, death threats and violence. His car is regularly followed, and his telephone tapped. But he says that he has never backed down, and that is his greatest strength. "Once you show you are afraid, they will hound you. But when you show you are not afraid, they feel disorientated. They know that what I am saying is the truth. I refuse to be intimidated."

Ncube said he was grateful for the award since it helped draw attention to the plight of those in Zimbabwe.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

#2029 - 05/22/05 07:33 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Skuvethe Offline
Nduna

Msakazi (RadioTshayiNkundla), we want Mfundisi Ncube on the airwaves soon please. Sheshisa engaka phindeli kwa Bulawayo, sixoxe naye.

Ibambeni, lingay'yeki. Sebenza!

#2030 - 05/23/05 06:52 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Mtshede Offline
Ndunankulu

In Zvimbagwe lies are breakfast lunch and supper.

So, courtesy of newzimbabwe.com, bakithi, please forgive me for enjoying truth as the main course of my day.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Archbishop Ncube slams Britain over asylum seekers

This is the full text of an acceptance speech delivered by Archbishop Pius Ncube on being awarded the Robert Burns International Humanitarian Award in Scotland last Friday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Archbishop Pius Ncube
Last updated: 05/23/2005 18:40:31
I WAS surprised to be nominated for this award because I did not expect anyone to know me in Scotland. I stand here today feeling very happy to receive this beautiful Robert Burns International Humanitarian Award. I feel I am undeserving and unworthy of this great honour.
I say I am undeserving because the cause for justice, rule of law, the respect for human rights, and decent living, have not been realised yet in Zimbabwe.

The President of Zimbabwe is also called Robert, like the celebrated Scottish Poet Robert Burns ? yet he is lacking in compassion and feeling for others, unlike the poet, who was a compassionate and considerate man.

Of 53 countries in Africa, Zimbabwe had the second best economy to South Africa. Since 5 years ago our State President Robert Mugabe has become authoritarian. He lawlessly grabbed 2000 commercial farms in order to destroy the newly formed opposition party ? the Movement for Democratic Change ? which was a challenge to him, and to strengthen his political position, thereby destroying the economy of the country.

Of the 12 million people in Zimbabwe, 5.5 million are now in need of food aid. Many spend 4 days without food, thousands of babies and young children have died of malnutrition each year, because those who possess the farms do not know any farming. The inflation rate is 400% per annum. Unemployment is over 80%, industry closes down, 2 million Zimbabweans are infected with AIDS and do not get any proper treatment because our hospitals have no medicines and the doctors and nurses have left the country in big numbers.

It is known that 3.4 million Zimbabweans have left the country. Mugabe has rigged 3 elections to his advantage since the year 2000. He has banned 4 newspapers and all media is reduced to propaganda. The people are hounded by state intelligence and police and the President uses torture to intimidate the people and keep them afraid.

"It saddens me that Britain, since September last year, has embarked on forced repatriation of Zimbabweans asylum seekers. Some are handcuffed, jailed and badly treated here in Britain"
ARCHBISHOP NCUBE
It also saddens me that the British Government since September last year has embarked on forced repatriation of Zimbabweans who are asylum seekers. They fled from harassment, torture, and a threat to their lives and they will be made to suffer when they are returned. Some Zimbabweans are handcuffed, jailed and badly treated here in Britain. And as Great Britain is a highly respected country in the world, I am afraid that this attitude will be followed in other wealthier Commonwealth countries, as happened with the imposition of the visa on Zimbabweans in November 2002. I plead that you be patient with Zimbabweans till the situation normalises.

The little I know about the celebrated Scottish Poet, Robert Burns, shows that he had a hard life and understood the lot of the common man. He wrote the poem: ?A Man?s a man for a? that? to portray the dignity of the common man. He calls on human beings to be brothers and sisters and to support one another through respect, love and service. There is no greater message in all the world than that.

In receiving this award, I do it on behalf of many others who work for peace in Zimbabwe. I also receive it on behalf of the suffering people of Zimbabwe.

Finally, I thank Lord David Steel and the Award Panel for electing me to receive this Award. I have discovered that Scotland is a beautiful place with warm-hearted lovely people. I receive this award on behalf of those who suffer from repression in Zimbabwe. I thank you all.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

#2031 - 05/24/05 05:37 PM Re: The Man of Independent Mind
Sheik Mthembo Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: The People's Republic of Mthwa...
Father Ncube has proved time and again that he is a very rare, brave and amazing Mthwakazi son and bishop whose indefatigable spirit and commitment to expose to the world the gross human rights violations of the Mugabe tyrannical and tribalist government has been outstanding, remarkable and unparalleled in Southern Africa. The regime has been kept on its toes and on the defensive, defending its indefensible human rights violations and its recent fraudulent ?won? elections. The regime has responded by attacking his integrity with venomous intensity and style but to no avail. Father Ncube has, instead remained unperturbed, undisturbed and unmoved while under such attacks. He has made sure he delivers his blows to the regime in calm, composed and collected manner with unimaginable and devastating effect. While the likes of Thabo Mbeki and his ANC cohorts have been busy defending, shielding and propping up this evil and murderous regime, Father Ncube has indeed remained unswerving, unshakeable and unfaltering in ?telling it like it is? despite threats made by the assassins of Robert Mugabe, on behalf of their murderous chief, to eliminate him and his family. Such has been the bravery of this of this icon. Here is a man who has single handedly become the opposition party of Zimbabwe and who has not minced his words when speaking against the evil regime of Mugabe. He has done so without fear or favour. Whenever he speaks the world now listens. There is no doubt that he deserves this award and very much so our support as a people of Mthwakazi.

The harsh critics of Ncube lapha esigungwini lesi who have many a times tried to pull this man down through their uncalled for venomous/deadly black mamba attacks on him should think again and reflect on the position they have taken against this man and be humble enough to recognize his unrelenting commitment to the freedom of our people and forsake their harsh tendencies towards him and give him moral support that he needs. Those who come into my mind are the likes of Thandindaba(they call him love news), S?thutha, Lobengula(affectionately called Mthiyana) and many more I have not mentioned here. Liyazazi!

Isifohlile, bazayenzani?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert