Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28519 - 05/06/05 01:59 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Jazelindizayo Offline
Nduna

Loc: At large
Dokotela
You prebiously wrote:-

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dokotela:
<strong>

This genotypic constitution of the HIV virus is very complex. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And above you furnish information to the effect that the HIV is a retrovirus. I stand corrected but surely this means that it is one of a sub-set of viruses that are retroviral. If that is the case do other retroviruses display the same level of complex genetic consistitution as the HIV?

Secondly, it is my understanding that the genomic consistitution of the virus has been sequenced. Is the sequence significantly different to that of other retrovirus that is does the HIV posesses other genes that are peculiar only to the HIV and not to other retroviruses? If not where then does the complexity of the HIV virus reside?

Thirdly, in your follow up post you refer to the cycle of the HIV. Undoubtedly as you point out this offers an insight as to finding a cure for the virus. I am of the somewhat limited understanding that some of the various treatments attempt to do just that. The example of AZT springs to mind, AZT (nd I stand corrected) was supposed to function as a nucleotide analogue that would interfere with the formation of viral DNA from its RNA template. AZT would appear not to have been succesful in doing this. Could you shed any light (or point in the direction) as to why this should be the case?

#28520 - 05/06/05 06:57 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Dokotela Offline
Nkosi

Loc: Emkhathini
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jazelindizayo:
<strong>.. do other retroviruses display the same level of complex genetic consistitution as the HIV?...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The other retroviruses also pose the same complexity as the HIV virus. The properties, which distinguish them as retroviruses, make them mutate very fast and grow resistant to pharmaceutical antiviruses. From my last post you will notice the reverse transcriptase stage, which normally causes the RNAP - RNA polymerase to occur is present as asserted. The other retroviruses also exhibit complexities as well.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">..retrovirus that is does the HIV posesses other genes that are peculiar only to the HIV and not to other retroviruses? If not where then does the complexity of the HIV virus reside?...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Certainly the genoms of the HIV (both HIV-1 and HIV-2) virus was sequenced including feline leukaemia virus (FeLV) and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), just mention a few. HIV is a human virus and has shown some complexities. I hope as I say this you understand that research is still underway to find the cure for these retroviruses. Some experiments have shown that the FIV infection in cats can be inhibited by pharmaceutical methods. This, I should say is still under tests and I hope soon enough we shall have the pharmaceutical methods to stop FIV from resulting in feline AIDS. HTLV-I & 2 also exist in humans and also pose as threat known to cause leukemia/lymphoma. I have also heard of HTLV4 and 5 but have not obtained sufficient information on them.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...you point out this offers an insight as to finding a cure for the virus...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My statement above is simply to say that the first step to finding the solution to a problem would be to understand the problem itself. If I affirm that the cycle I have presented gives some insights to finding the cure them practically I would be saying I can cure an infected subject. Please view this as a simple depiction to make readers understand the cycle and complexity of retroviruses.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...AZT ... was supposed to function as a nucleotide analogue that would interfere with the formation of viral DNA from its RNA template... Could you shed any light... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just as you indicate, when AZT in spliced into the DNA strands, the reverse transcriptase will be stopped. Normally by inhibiting the RT phase we would be halting the synthesis and mutation of the virus. You must be aware of the toxic properties of AZT and other DNA chain-terminators that will kill even uninfected T cells. AZT therefore cannot be an antivirus for HIV.
I heard from a friend that now, because of the its functions, AZT is now being prescribed for psoriasis and cancer patients to kill growing cells by halting cell DNA synthesis.

#28521 - 05/11/05 05:48 AM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Dokotela Offline
Nkosi

Qaphelani bakwa Mthwakazi, akukho khambi elingakwelpha kuleligciwane. Imithi yesintu layo angiboni ukuthi ingelapha njani lu mkhuhlane.

Majaha, valelani amabhubesi mantombazane livale iminyango.

#28522 - 06/08/05 03:14 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Dokotela Offline
Nkosi

I heard several testimonies in which people claim they are healed from HIV Virus through faith in God. Can anyone enlighted us on the validity of such claims and help us to confirm that an HIV infected person can be cured by faith.

Help!

#28523 - 06/08/05 03:43 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Hatshibo Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: Mbonqane
I know of one lady who was 'on the game' who had been infected with HIV and was having AIDS symptoms. She was prayed for in church and came back a few weeks later with a doctors letter giving her the all clear.

#28524 - 06/08/05 03:53 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Msupatsila Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: Solongo Life
Qoki enxoxweni yethu le ethusa kangaka.

Kunagabe ekhona na olama statistics about umkhuhlane lo, kukhangelwa izindawo ngezindawo.

Mhlawumbe ngibone kubi. Ingani umkhuhlane lo kuzwekazi leAfrika ubhahe emazweni alabelungu? Ungakhangela amazwe alehlekana nje labelungu, kukhanya kusengathi lomkhuhlane ubhahile. Khangela kumhlubulo we SADC amazwe alabalungu abaningi kumbe lapho abelungu abalama interests umkhuhlane kukhanya ubulele. Yinindaba kunjalo? Botswana, Zimbabwe, RSA mina bengibona kungathi abamhlophe bapheka inombolo kumbe kulokunye esingakwenzi kuhle. Abelungu kabala ma interest eWest Afrika yikho ama statistics akhona engethusi. Whites think that if they exteminate the black in Southern Africa, that will be their next home. They have seen that their plans of making the moon inhabitable will take some time and they are over crowded emazweni abo. The other thing is that they want our resources, thats the reason why they are making this AIDS thing to be rampant in souther africa. These GMOs we are given, we should treat them with caution because I think they make our system to be week and kusenza sihlaselwe yimikhuhlane yonale. Umbuzo enginawo ngowokuthi kanti in Europe kungaba le 22 000 bantu abalomkhuhlane wonalo??? These statistics asazi. Mhlawumbe siyazihlupha ngento enziwa ngabomo yibonaba bantu abathumezela imithi eAfrika. Its unfortunate that in Africa we do not have our own Pharmaceutical companies, everything has to be channeled through other countries.

Yinsindabaphendule le.

Kodwa what explains ukubhaha kwe HIV-AIDS in countries where we whites have an interest and lapho okulokulihlekana kwabelungu???

#28525 - 06/09/05 11:30 AM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
bunandi kill me Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: ezintembeni
with GOD NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IT MAY BE TRUE THAT IT CAN BE CURED BUT THEY HAVENT FIND THE CURE AS YET.

#28526 - 06/09/05 05:06 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Ndabezitha Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: T.O
BKM the cure has been found.....they do not know it but there are some people who have been cured...

#28527 - 06/09/05 05:12 PM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Msupatsila Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: Solongo Life
Ndabezitha, uyazi all along I thought besibambisene indlela kodwa lapha I think you are now going to the East, no we are supposed to go to the West wethu. Cure for what??? No no lets not spread ivangeli elingayisilo. Or maybe with regards to cure kuyangokuthi ungubani asazi. If like the medication is is soo expensive that most well off people cannot afford then the cure is not there.

Lets try to preach ukuziphatha and tell people the real truth. Some will go aroung saying the cure is now there. I have not heard of any from Mthwakazi where I hail from whose confessed that s/he's been cured.

Bandla lets practise ABC nxa kusehlula shayela ngecondom

#28528 - 07/19/05 09:14 AM Re: Treatment for HIV/AIDS
Dokotela Offline
Nkosi

So, are we to say the cure for AIDS is found ecaweni na?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert