Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#30005 - 05/29/05 03:21 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
Mthoko Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: G Skweya P.O Box Loxion
Bhudaza

I can only draw one conclusion in this. You must be a forty-some year old who thinks everyone should like what you like.
Its unfortunate that i regarded you as one of the few with their heads screwed on. Next time you feel like throwing up something like you have just done, do yourself a favour mtakababa, dont!!!!
Question:- Whats not mechanical about any genre of music???
When you finish reading this, click ku link yomsakazo ku home page and you will find a poll about people's tastes yomculo. Im pretty confident ukuthi 80% kaMthwakazi wont like to listen to hogwash.
Kwaito is here to stay so you better get used to it ndoda.
Anyway, one man's meat...

#30006 - 05/29/05 03:30 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
Bhudaza Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: Byo, Mthwakazi
Mthoko,

In the world we live in today, the Crazy Frog makes it to Number 1.

I am not going to question the popularity of Kwaito or the Crazy Frog's Axel F, but it's all relative.

Kwaito acts are normally found wanting when it comes to live performance and very few of them have mastered a musical instrument.

#30007 - 05/29/05 04:47 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
NTSHONTSHO Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: Montiriyali
abantu balomlomo,into nxa ungayithandi thula uthi tu,dont even bother yourself about it BHUDAZA.Yekela thina esithanda i kwaito siyikholise.

AYISUK' UYA KLAIMER

its either you love it or you leave it alone

#30008 - 05/29/05 05:04 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
Mthoko Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: G Skweya P.O Box Loxion
Bhudaza

Kwaito and the 'crazy frog'!!! Nice try, the two are worlds apart.
RnB artists dont play any instruments and they a percieved as gods. The face of music is forever changing and so is the art. Gone are the days of musicians playing instruments and singing simultaniously like Little Richard and all the others. These days you dont get many Alicia Keys and John Legends.
What about the hip-hop millionaires who struggle to perfom live. How do you explain it.

Im pretty sure that when i get older and a differnt kind of music emerges, i will try to brush it aside like many do. They said pop music was bubble-gum, but its still here tormenting us.
Instruments may vary and the way its made, but its all music mfowethu.

#30009 - 05/30/05 10:37 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
Bhudaza Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: Byo, Mthwakazi
A case in example is when Mzekezeke travelled all the way from RSA to do a "lip sync" show in London. The masked squeaky voiced performer was forced to flee the stage in embarrasment after the PA system faltered! I think the fans who pay huge sums of hard earned cash should bring guys like this to account.

What happened on that night is unforgivable, especially as there are so many talented and genuine young musicians struggling to make end meet.

#30010 - 05/30/05 02:42 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
madwedwe Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: bulawayo
Bhudaza

I feel this is an area where amaKwaito performers can improve. The nature of the kwaito sound is difficult to reproduce via a live band performance, hence the artistes play an instrumental on CD and sing over it. When the CD skips it then becomes a problem.

I think wonke umuntu lapha uzavuma ukubana a kwaito show is not a kwaito show uma isigubhu lesiya singazwakali.

One guy who has taken this music to another level ngu Oscar le B.O.P. I have attended amanye amaShows abo and they actually use a live band and manage to keep the isigubhu feel.

So this should be a lesson for some of our artists.

How many of us remember that show ka Arthur eHartsfield ngo1996 lapho atshawa khona ngezigubhu zeShek-shek ama CD akhe esesala ukukhala?

#30011 - 05/30/05 09:28 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
bunandi kill me Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: ezintembeni
phambili nge kwaitoooo

#30012 - 05/30/05 11:29 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
Mbiko Offline
Sakhamuzi

Loc: Kezi
Ake liytshuke bafethu ,

Thina abanye silokhu stshaya ngoludala and skolisa more .. African Jazz all the way .

#30013 - 05/31/05 02:34 AM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
bunandi kill me Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: ezintembeni
INHLIZIYO IYA LAPHO ITHANDA KHONA
FOR EXAMPLE EBAFAZINI / DODENI
EKUDLENI
MUSUC ETC

#30014 - 05/31/05 10:20 PM Re: "KWAITO CLASSICS"
Sgero Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: United Kingdom
Mbiko

Wangithinta kwamancane jo. I Afro Jazz iyatshaya s'bali. I kwaito layo ilungile imnandi nxa sisemjayiveni njalo ithengwe ngabanye hk hk hk (oro kanjani Duke Mtho?)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert