Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31156 - 05/05/06 10:41 AM Notions of Exile.
Skuvethe Offline
Nduna

Loc: I've never been to Heaven
Bakwethu;

Exile is defined as "the condition or a period of living away from one's native country."
Kunjalo-nje, we often associate notions of exile with living outside of "Zimbabwe." Kodwa-ke, as the drive for an Ndebele and Mthwakazi revival gathers momentum, should we now revise this notion so that it means/includes those Mthwakazians living in Mashonaland(Harare, Maswinko, etc)? Currently, an Ndebele person living in Mashonaland does not consider him or herself exiled - the suggestion sounds absurd at first but is it?

The emotional and psychological battle for the restoration of the Ndebele State must now target those Mthwakazians living in exile in Mashonaland and think they're at 'home.' They must be made to identify with this notion of exile, as a way of getting them to connect with the wider Mthwakazi project. Living under the internal colonisation project that is Zanu, these Mthwakazians must repudiate the false sense of security that exile in Mashonaland provides.

If I, as a Mthwakazian living in Europe can be said to be exiled, it must follow that my brother/sister living in Chegutu is also exiled. Only if and when my brother/sister in Chegutu identifies with his/her Mthwakazi heritage and sheds the 'cold-comfort' blanket of Shona 'security' will the psychological battle for a Mthwakazi state be won.

Kwanele okwamanje bakwethu, ngizobuya futhi sengizwe kini ukuthi liyibona kanjani lendaba. Kunjalo-nje;

IBAMBENI, LINGAY'YEKI. SEBENZA!!

#31157 - 05/05/06 12:03 PM Re: Notions of Exile.
Mabila Offline
Nkosi

Loc: Ayowa
Kodwa phela Sku sibona angani siyazikhethela? hk hk

#31158 - 05/05/06 12:11 PM Re: Notions of Exile.
Potshoza Offline
Nduna

Loc: Leamington Spa
It is going to be a hell of a costly affair having to deport all those shona immigrants who have swamped Mthwakaziland!!

#31159 - 05/05/06 02:12 PM Re: Notions of Exile.
Skuvethe Offline
Nduna

[]Kodwa phela Sku sibona angani siyazikhethela? hk hk [/]

Yintoni esizikhethela yona we Mma? Potshoza, angik'tholi kahle baba.

Ibambeni, lingay'yeki. Sebenza!

#31160 - 05/06/06 03:32 AM Re: Notions of Exile.
Zwangendaba Offline
Nkosi

Loc: New York, New York, USA
Bafowethu.

Lapha ndoda usiLIBHILE. Akesiyitshukeni bantu.

Ye kuqondile okutshoyo, kodwa ngibona angani asiqaleni ngokuthi abantu bakwamkele ukuthi AKUSANCEDI UKUTHI BABE BELOKHU BEZITHI BANGA MA ZIMBABWE. Once that chapter is closed, Omunye lomunye UZAZIKHETHELA as Mabila says.

REMEMBER THAT IN MTHWAKAZI WE WANT TO ESTABLISH A DEMOCRACY. WE DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE INGCEKAZA LE ESIYIBONAYO WITH A SYSTEM TO OPPRESS OUR OWN PEOPLE. ILUNGELO WONKE MUNTU KABE LALO elokuKHETHA AKUFUNAYO.

THAT HOWEVER DOES NOT TAKE AWAY OUR BOUNDARY DECLARATION. OUR TERITORY IS CLEAR. ONLY PEOPLE CAN MAKE A CHOICE TO LIVE IN EXILE OR TO COME HOME.

Li Zwangendaba.

#31161 - 05/08/06 04:05 PM Re: Notions of Exile.
Skuvethe Offline
Nduna

Bakwethu, I conducted a quick straw poll of relatives/friends(7 people) living in exile eMashonaland. I asked them a question based the central point of your responses - INDIVIDUAL CHOICE.

None of those i polled put their exile to choice. Yes, they freely exercised their right to accept life in Mash'land but they stressed that it was precisely ngoba they had no choice. The choice to have a livelihood in Mthwakaziland had been taken away/removed - I need not go into how Zanu/Shona machination removed this choice do I?

Ngiyavuma, there has to be re-alignment of the the Mthwakazi psyche so that we all reject "Zimbabwe." Sekunjalo, it won't be absurd to suggest that any Mthwakazian living in Mash'land is in exile, just like his/her brothers in Europe, SA etc.

Kunjalo nje;

Ibambeni, lingay'yeki. Sebenza!!

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert