Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35845 - 01/25/08 07:56 PM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: Ncomanzi]
Sgero Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: United Kingdom
Bilaz

Ungethuki dade, that was meant as a joke. Ku show yakhe ebise London he said more or less the same thing njengoba uNcomanzi etshilo. It was meant and should be taken as a jest nje. There is no way nor reason why he would want to call i immigration. Abantu basuke bathathele izinto literally lalapho okungafanelanga khona.

#35846 - 01/25/08 08:32 PM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: Sgero]
Mabila Offline
Nkosi

Loc: Ayowa
Thank you Sgero and Ncomazi for your explanations.

If you leave in a community where illegal aliens/immigration is a topical issue on an hourly basis, those comments would have rather been left for another occasion. Secondly, I really think Hugh humiliated himself and us given the audience he was perfoming in front of. There were literally less that 20 peoples of African descent in this at least 2000 people strong concert, the rest being abelungu in a town known for years for it's support of liberation movements against apartheid in the old RSA. It was literally a white crowd and not a crowd ese BF dominated by abantu! Zimbabweans numbered less than 10 bahlala/bema in their neat corner. It was obvious when they screamed in response to "sivela eZimbabwe" ehlabela his very emotional ngoma yakhe "Is'timela". His initial response was "this is not an immigration call" right...... People laughed, they thought that it was funny. He did not stop there, he gave a speech ending with him scoffing at the possibility of immigration officers pouncing on them that very minute! It was ugly. Whether he was joking or not, he went too far! No one was left with a doubt ukuthi that was over the top and xenophobic. Not just from Zimbabweans but most people including the other Africans present.

Baziyangisa to be honest. At the end of the show, the crowd refuses to leave the concert when the perfomers exited. It was a great show. They were forced to come back and do one more song. This is Sibongile Khumalo now(whom I really adore by the way )"when people ask for more, it is usually people who came to the concert using complementary tickets and have not paid the full price" ha ha haaaaaaaaaa grin! I leave that to you to judge!!

Immigration officers here are happy to pick up an illegal alien (Gee, I hate that term) from anywhere! Angajabula na uHugh uma bengaqala ukudobha abantu from his shows??

#35847 - 01/26/08 01:08 AM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: Mabila]
zwide Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: Lobengula
Well Mabila you are entitled to your interpretation of the whole situation ...

Not everyone who is here does not have papers... what ever the situation is its always nice for one to have their own experience ....

Hatshi kangesabi ukuhamba kuConcert ngoba amaphepha ngilayo ....

For those that would want the experience ...... lets go and enjoy ... ola eita

#35849 - 01/26/08 03:29 AM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: zwide]
Mabila Offline
Nkosi

Loc: Ayowa
Zwide,
I never suggested that people do not go to Hugh's concerts whether balamaphepha or not. Neither, did I suggest ukuthi abantu abalapha abala maphepha. What a baseless assertion that would be on my part!! Angazi ukuthi ukufunde ngaphi khonalokho. Read my posts again and understand the plain points I am making. Nxa ungazwisisi, kuhle ukubuza. Enjoy the concert. Hugh is a great perfomer!

Originally Posted By: zwide
Well Mabila you are entitled to your interpretation of the whole situation ...

Not everyone who is here does not have papers... what ever the situation is its always nice for one to have their own experience ....

Hatshi kangesabi ukuhamba kuConcert ngoba amaphepha ngilayo ....

For those that would want the experience ...... lets go and enjoy ... ola eita

#35851 - 01/26/08 07:27 AM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: Mabila]
soweto Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: emazweni abanikazi
U Bro Hugh is a great performer kodwa uhlupho yikuthi usuke azenze yena ongcwele ngcwele sometimes.
Some performers say things on stage ezingelangqondo bethembe ukuthi the audience will not respond and sometimes they think they are untouchable. Mina ngabona ngawami amehlo umuntu bemeqela estejini bemtshaya shem ngendaba zokudelela i audience. By the time isecurity imlamulela umuntu wenkosi wayeseluze a few mazinyo.
Hugh must be careful ngoba kuyeza ngakuye.
Kulabo abaku mainland europe he will be on tour the whole of May njalo ngiyalithembisa ukuthi akasoze ALIWUMANELE.

#35862 - 01/27/08 02:07 AM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: soweto]
Zwangendaba Offline
Nkosi

Loc: New York, New York, USA
Bafowethu.

SOWETO, uyabathembisa sure, hk hk hk. Uthi kasoze aba wumanele, uyabathembisa, hk hk hk utsho ukuthi UYABE USUMLUNGISILE NA? hk hk hk.

Li Zwangendaba.

#35863 - 01/27/08 07:13 AM Re: Hugh Masekela in Toronto [Re: Zwangendaba]
soweto Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: emazweni abanikazi
Originally Posted By: Zwangendaba
Bafowethu.

SOWETO, uyabathembisa sure, hk hk hk. Uthi kasoze aba wumanele, uyabathembisa, hk hk hk utsho ukuthi UYABE USUMLUNGISILE NA? hk hk hk.

Li Zwangendaba.

hk hk hk mina ngokwami angeke ngamlungisa kodwa umlungu onguye omletha ku tour ye europe ngubhururu wami. Ngimazisile ngalokhu elithi kwenzakala emelika wangithembisa ukuthi uzakhuluma laye. Ngingathola ithuba lokuxoxa laye(hugh) on this tour lami ngizamtshela ukuthi inkulumo yakhe ye imigration ITSHAYISA ABANTU NGOVALO BECINE BENGASAKHOLISI ISHOW SEBECABANGA UKUTHI ANYTIME KUNGATHUTSHA OMANTSHINGILANE hk hk hk hk.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert