Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36547 - 03/04/08 06:39 AM Re: I Am Asking For Your Input On My Research Topic [Re: Mthakathi27]
MTHWENTWEHLABA1 Offline
Nduna

Loc: UG
Bakwethu
I have been shying away from your topic, but I find it interesting as well as quite purposeful. Such topics and culture should never be allowed to be absent from this forum. This way we groom our people positively. This is a nation builder of a topic.
To be honest with you this is not my discipline so I will gadly take a back seat.
However, I can not resist the temptation to seek clarification.
To my understanding your topic is in 2 parts. (1) a number of selected media forms. (2)their influence on policy formulation as far as global warming is concerned, eg when whoever plans policy does so, how is their planning shaped by the effect of these media presentations. And this is in Britain. All you contributors we thank you beforehand, for we will also benefit from your efforts. The owner of the topic has done a sterling perfomance here.

#36548 - 03/04/08 12:46 PM Re: I Am Asking For Your Input On My Research Topic [Re: MTHWENTWEHLABA1]
mninimuzi Offline
Nduna

Loc: EMNQAMLEZWENI
Ngithathe leli thuba ngithi ukulibonga lonke..I am not only impressed by your contributions but also humbled by it.Ngiyavuma ukubana isihloko esinje siyasanganisa inqondo.Unfortunately or fortunately the topic has already been proffessionally adjudged as not only interesting but also useful,,especially from a point of view of a planner.Ngizazama ukusibeka ngeSiNdetshu lesisishloko..INDIKIMBA YALOMSEBENZI YIKUZAMA UKUFINYELELA ESIMENI SOKUBANA INTANTHELIZINDABA LAMAPHEPHEPHANDABA PHECELEZI BALAMANDLA ANGAKANANI NOMA BALESANDLA NA KUMANYATHELO ATHATHWA NGABEZOPOLITIKO.LOKHU SIZAZAMA UKUKUFINYELELA NGOKUCUBUNGULA LANGOKUHLELA EZINYE ZEZINDATSHANA EZIMBALWA EZAKE ZAPHUMA KWAMANYE AMAPHEPHANDABA ATHOLAKALA EZWENI LASEBHILITHANI.LEZONDATSHANA EZIMBALWA EZIZOKHETHWA ZIZAMELE KUBE ZINDATSHANA EZIPHETHE UDABA LOKUGUQUKA KWENVELO(ENVIRONMENTAL CONFLICTS,EG WIND TURBINES,,EMMISSIONS FROM CARS PLANES ETC, BULBS,LEAVING TVS ON STANDBYS ETC)
There is no conclusion so far,no evidence whether the media does influence policy decision.lf there was a foregone conclusion,then there would be no need to do such a research, Note that we may find out that the media doesnt have any impact at all,but still its us who need to find out.Let me give you some irrellevent examples where the media was either influencial or failed. SUCCESS; Media images and coverage of the Somalia crises persuaded the US gvt to act quick on the crises
FAILURE; Media coverage on the Bill Clinton scandalous affair failed to persuade voters that Clinton's tattered moral fibres would make him a bad political leader.

#36616 - 03/07/08 03:37 PM Re: I Am Asking For Your Input On My Research Topic [Re: mninimuzi]
vunguza Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: emaguswini
Mninimuzi

would you consider the feedback loop that sometimes exist within the whole media-policy nexus. ngezinye indlela, could there be a possibility kwi-research yakho ukuthi a small but significant influence could be in reverse order, where policy at times influences media rather than the other way round. I discovered at some point that the two (media and policy) in given settings influence and/or are influenced by one another. there could be a possibility for that, and if there is, of what importance would it be for your findings? note that in such a scenario, you might have to test the strengths of both the relationships to establish the dominance of the relationship of your principal hypothesis.

I find your topic fascinating, and one where you will find great satisfaction in doing.

Edited by vunguza (03/07/08 03:42 PM)

#36631 - 03/09/08 01:57 PM Re: I Am Asking For Your Input On My Research Topic [Re: vunguza]
mninimuzi Offline
Nduna

Loc: EMNQAMLEZWENI
Thats an excellent observation baba Vunguza,,l will definitely take that into consideration,,Thanx so much

#37381 - 04/12/08 03:44 AM Re: I Am Asking For Your Input On My Research Topic [Re: mninimuzi]
MTHWENTWEHLABA1 Offline
Nduna

Loc: UG
Siyabingelela
Just wondering how you fared with your research. Have made conclusions yet or couldnt you?
Siyabonga

#37387 - 04/12/08 12:08 PM Re: I Am Asking For Your Input On My Research Topic [Re: MTHWENTWEHLABA1]
welly Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: UK
Realy the question I would pose is mninimuzi is the policy direction driven by the media or is the policy driven by facts , i.e the scientific facts on global warming or is it the media who are creating an illusion and influence policy. So this is the question whether media is ingfluenced by facts or supposed observations and it would be interesting to identify the media involved seeing the dominant players in newspapers cand be easily identified here in the UK. Of interest would be what does the media have to gain in all this.

I watched a news clip the other day and the factual scientific data shows that the temperature on average in this century has not risen contrary to popular media belief and that anyway the planet has undergone several warming and reduction in temperature over the centuries.

Hope these questions can somehow throw some depth in your research.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert