Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38382 - 06/04/08 03:50 PM The Greatest Christian in the Bible
bongani Offline
Sikhulu

Loc: Afrika
For me it was the Apostle Paul!
He wrote over 90% or so of all the books in the New Testament and he was the one responsible for spreading Christianity to the Gentiles even though he was Pharisee! After Jesus' death, most of the disciples with the exceptional of Peter and John just faded into obcurity. Remember these people had spent so much time with the Lord but kuyayangisa ukuthi the Gospel was spread by a Pharisee and bona they just disappeared. Thats why I think its proper that Paul should be seen as the greatest Christian to ever live! Amen!

#38383 - 06/04/08 07:00 PM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: bongani]
Skhotha Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: Empangeni
Bongani,
Angithembe ukuthi uyaphila mfowethu. Mina ngikholelwa ekutheni wonke umuntu uzuza ngokungafani enkolweni. Each and every relationship is unique so I expect that there are going to be many different viewpoints expressed.

Just one question. What about the suggestion that the bible is a collection of writings to support a one sided view of christianity, does that figure in your thoughts?

#38387 - 06/05/08 06:55 AM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: Skhotha]
Mthakathi27 Offline
Nduna

Loc: Canada
Quote:
For me it was the Apostle Paul!
He wrote over 90% or so of all the books in the New Testament

Then, surely Jonathan Moyo should be the greatest politician ever to grace the righteous political landscape of Zimbagwe.

#38388 - 06/05/08 07:13 AM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: bongani]
Muziesta Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: Sasolburg
I don't disagree with you but Peter and the rest they never disappered they were busy also, with the Gospel.Remember when Paul was striked by lightining and when he changed he had to meet with them. Mathew, Luke, John and Mark have not beeen written by Paul, Hebrews, Acts, John, Peter, James and Revelation were not written by Paul, even Jude. I'm not sure about Romans.Most books he influenced and I think its not over 90% every disciple of Christ is the Greatest Christian in the Bible. becuase Saul was pesecuting Peter and the rest and that is when He met God and changed to Paul.

#38392 - 06/05/08 08:11 AM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: bongani]
Ntombiyenguni Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: South Africa
Angibingelele Mthwakazi kandaba, for me it was Jesus because of him we are saved. People must remember how the world was before he came to earth. He died in the cross for us.Ngexa yakhe the gospel was spread around the world.

#38393 - 06/05/08 08:38 AM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: Ntombiyenguni]
lvovo Offline
Ngqwele

Loc: KZN
Ngani kwakungela Satan ngani uJesu kasimazi eish inzima lindaba.

Kodwa ngivumelana lesikhulumi esisanda kuhlala phansi. uJesu nguye isikhokho embhalweni. Kodwa mina ma ngibona sonke nje siyalingana ekholweni lwethu. There is no-one who is said to be great. Uyabona those people who were selling their wares endlini yokukhonzela contributed a lot ngoba kulesifundo esavela from the story. uJudas also contributed laye okwakhe. Kangazi mhlawumbe sengiphosisa, mina ngithi Judas Iscariot was a christian laye contributed ngoba kulesifundo esisitholayo ngezenzo zakhe. uPilato naye kulesifundo esivela kuye njalo njalo.

There is no Greatest Christian all people in the bible contributed equally to the word of the Might God ngegama lomsindisi uJesu Kristu.

Ameni bazalwane. Lami ngizageza ezami izandla njengo Pilato wasebhayibhilini, ngiqedile

#38394 - 06/05/08 08:52 AM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: lvovo]
Muziesta Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: Sasolburg
Amen lvovo
uJesu nguye iskhokho He is the Author and finisher of our faith.
Christian means like Christ no an comes close to Chris. We just strive to be like Him

#38395 - 06/05/08 09:13 AM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: Mthakathi27]
bongani Offline
Sikhulu

A Christian is one who follows Christ (which is Greek for the Messiah). The Christ/Messiah was Jesus. Therefore by this definition Jesus cannot be a Christian himself. I understand all your arguments and I agree with you all when you say that we are all the greatest Christians as long as we follow the Christ, based his life teachings which we get from the Bible. The Gospels (which are the books about the life of Christ) were written by a few disciples and Luke who was a Greek doctor. After the gospels most of the Books in the New Testament esp the Letters were written by Paul, and this includes Romans, Corinthians etc. If you read Acts, you will see that Paul took the Word and spread it throughout most of the Ancient World in which in lived in from Israel to Turkey to Greece to Italy (in the Meditterean area). No other disciple did what Paul did in terms of spreading the word, and if you remember when Jesus was rising to heaven he instructed his disciples to go out to the world and spread his message. This was spread mainly by Paul (Peter and John did also contribute. My argument is that Paul never met Jesus but yet he was able to contribute so much to us Gentiles knowing about the greateness of the Christ. Thats why I salute him as the greatest Christian in the Bible!

Mthakathi, i dont know why you bringing politics into this topic but hey i guess you are entitled to your opinion but for your information there is no correlation between the two. One is a slimly mgodoyi politician and the other is the greatest Christian that ever lived. No comparison!

#38420 - 06/06/08 01:54 PM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: bongani]
MTHWENTWEHLABA1 Offline
Nduna

Loc: UG
Siyabingelela
Indaba yethu le ingikhokhele lana, Luke 9 v 46, which seems to be even a more difficult question for me for now, until someone explains the passage to me. Who was the least? Isambulelo bakwethu.

#38421 - 06/06/08 03:12 PM Re: The Greatest Christian in the Bible [Re: MTHWENTWEHLABA1]
bongani Offline
Sikhulu

Concerning the Greatest
9:46 Now an argument started among the disciples as to which of them might be the greatest. 9:47 But when Jesus discerned their innermost thoughts, he took a child, had him stand by his side, 9:48 and said to them, ?Whoever welcomes this child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me, for the one who is least among you all is the one who is great.?

My analysis of this passage of scripture is that Jesus wanted to show the disciples that the greatest is one who is innocent and has not been tainted with sin. If you look at children in general, they are usually good in that they have not yet been corrupted by the vices of this world. if you go to a pre-school or even primary you find abantwana of all races/tribes playing together without discriminating but when they grow up they start to see ukuthi there is black / white / etc.

Kodwa back to my topic mina bengifuna ukuthi uPhawule simnikeze irecognition that he deserves ngoba if kungasuPhawule ngaba iChristianity kayizange ikhule ngendlela eyakhula ngayo. Funda uActs and you will see what I mean. After Jesus rose to Heaven, Paul carried his Cross better that the rest thats why i say he is the greatest Christian in the Bible .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert