Inkundla3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41801 - 01/21/09 10:21 AM MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Kirth_Dube Offline
Sakhamuzi

Loc: UK
Mthwakazi Omhle!

Below is MPC aims and objectives as realeased by MPC. I hope this will clarify MPC's position and answer many more questions that have been raised by many different forumites in here. Ngilethemba lizasuthiseka. Ngicela ukulazisa ukuthi iMPC has many documents atholakala ku www.mthwakazionline.org. Ofuna ukwazi okunengi angavakatshela iwebsite ye MPC ukuze azifundele ngokwakhe kumbe ofisa ukuhlangana labameli beMPC uvumelekile ukuthi asithithe sizohlangana laye ngobuso, hatshi kucyberspace.
iMPC has since moved out of cyberspace into Mthwakazi's doorstep yikho Mthwakazi, simelele labo abafuna ukuzwa ngeMPC ukuthi basimeme sizohlangana labo sakhe isizwe sethu sisonke kuma Consultative Conventions esiphezukwawo njengamanje.

Ngiyabonga.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

MPC aims and objectives

1. The partition of present-day Zimbabwe into the new and sovereign state of United Mthwakazi Republic (UMR) and a reconstituted Republic of Zimbabwe;

2. The establishment of a political process to consider all political issues afflicting present-day Zimbabwe out of which process a new Transitional Constitution must be written;

3. The establishment of a Transitional Government and transitional measures under such a government. The Transitional Government must be made up of senior and prominent citizens of present-day Zimbabwe who will not run for office under the new Transitional Constitution;

4. The establishment of a Mthwakazi Parliament and Zimbabwe Parliament under the Transitional Constitution;

5. The establishment of a governmental authority of Mthwakazi, Mthwakazi Government Transitional Authority (MGTA) in the transitional phase following elections held under the Transitional Constitution, which will facilitate the gradual and phased transfer of power to Mthwakazi;

6. The establishment of a Joint States Commission between MGTA and Zimbabwe to oversee the sharing of state assets and liabilities between Mthwakazi and Zimbabwe;

7. The establishment of the Gukurahundi Commission to make a full and comprehensive enquiry into the Gukurahundi genocide and make recommendations on compensation, prosecution and any other suitable mechanisms to bring closure to this tragic event ahead of partition.

Our Values are:
1. Mthwakazi first;

2. Truth, Integrity, and Honour;

3. Opportunity and freedom;

4. Justice and fairness;

5. Respect for the individual and community;

6. Happiness and satisfaction.

#41804 - 01/21/09 04:02 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: Kirth_Dube]
Jazelindizayo Offline
Nduna

Loc: At large
How to win hearts and minds- welcome to the MPC's school of public relations!. Mr Kirth Dube 's above post paraphrased:

Some of you forumites have ideas above your station and have had the temerity to ask questions about the MPC. Now looky here chaps I am a very busy man as I and as such I cannot provide you with the answers to the questions you ask. Seeing that I cannot be bothered to answer any of your impertinent questions I will direct you to read our aims and objectives copied and pasted below. If you are still not satisfied visit our website where we have more labyrinthine documents to confuse and bamboozle you. Still not satisfied? Then you must arrange to meet one of our officials face to face. This is because thina as MPC we have discarded the cloak of anonymity. Therefore, by virtue of this very, very, very very brave act every one, his mother, his aunt and his pet gerbil must so too discard this cloak of anonymity. Thus the only way you will get your questions answered is if you have the balls to meet us face to face and then we will be sure to sort you out.
We are currently in the process of organizing more meetings where we will preach to the converted. So lonke elingamakholwa wozani ngobunengi benu sizo khonza.

Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

A mind is only useful if it is open

#41806 - 01/21/09 04:35 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: Jazelindizayo]
MTHWENTWEHLABA1 Offline
Nduna

Loc: UG
Originally Posted By: Jazelindizayo
How to win hearts and minds- welcome to the MPC's school of public relations!. Mr Kirth Dube 's above post paraphrased:

Some of you forumites have ideas above your station and have had the temerity to ask questions about the MPC. Now looky here chaps I am a very busy man as I and as such I cannot provide you with the answers to the questions you ask. Seeing that I cannot be bothered to answer any of your impertinent questions I will direct you to read our aims and objectives copied and pasted below. If you are still not satisfied visit our website where we have more labyrinthine documents to confuse and bamboozle you. Still not satisfied? Then you must arrange to meet one of our officials face to face. This is because thina as MPC we have discarded the cloak of anonymity. Therefore, by virtue of this very, very, very very brave act every one, his mother, his aunt and his pet gerbil must so too discard this cloak of anonymity. Thus the only way you will get your questions answered is if you have the balls to meet us face to face and then we will be sure to sort you out.
We are currently in the process of organizing more meetings where we will preach to the converted. So lonke elingamakholwa wozani ngobunengi benu sizo khonza.

Enkundleni bakwethu
Ngithemba ipost kaDube liyibonile. Lithini-ke bafowethu.Ikakhulu Mthakathi27, Jah Dingani. It was like we were stiffling debate, like we were dictators and did not uphold principles of democracy. Now this is classic, if one is talking about this boy jaz. Lithi amapostings kandoda angibowabala with open eyes and an open mind. Uthini manje so liyamzwisisa?

Call this constructive criticism? Yet its not even negative criticism that has always concerned me about umjida lo, it is "living a lie" But truth remains truth, no amount of deception can change the truth. By the design of life, lies were made for destruction, one can not build anything lasting out of lies, with time whatever is built up of lies will begin to give in! Thats just the way it is.

Edited by MTHWENTWEHLABA1 (01/21/09 04:47 PM)

#41808 - 01/21/09 08:25 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: MTHWENTWEHLABA1]
Kirth_Dube Offline
Sakhamuzi

"I wish to thank uJazi for his latest contribution following my posting of MPC's Aims and Objectives on this site.

I only wish to reiterate that MPC is a public movement canvassing for political support, as it has consistently stated over time. I also wish to further say MPC has kept its promise to release the names and profiles of its interim executive, again, a fulfilment of the promises it has made before. I hope that with time MPC will prove that it is an organization of its word.

MPC is a movement for political engagement with difficult issues of our generation, some of which have been regarded as taboo not so long ago. MPC has poineered that engagement. We will continue and accelerate this political engagement through the Consultative Forums MPC will soon be announcing. I will also, as Director for Communications, point interested people to all sources where they might find information about MPC. This is as it should be.

In closing, Jazi is of course free to maintain his anonymity, and as MPC, we will be the first to defend his right to do so but MPC long decided, in its wisdom, to be a public political movement because it has nothing to hide.

Other forumite might be interested to know that in isiZulu the expression: ijazi lagcwal'umoya has a striking resonance with Jazelindizayo's name and his sarcastic defence of his anonymity.

This article is written in my private capacity."

Kirth Dube

#41812 - 01/22/09 03:21 AM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: Kirth_Dube]
cabucabu Offline
Sakhamuzi

Loc: Dallas
Do you guys have an emergency army ready, any time that country is about to be partitioned, its collapsing, have some arms, come one man, get the plane talk to somebody, Russian, American, South African, Rwandan, get some arms ready. Those traitors who refuse us their countries as basis, they too are enemies, we are almost back,bazogijima, bazo dilika, forum, forum , forum, get guns man before its too late.

#41823 - 01/22/09 06:03 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: cabucabu]
Kirth_Dube Offline
Sakhamuzi

Mr Cabucabu Sir, please follow this link http://www.inkundla.net/ubbthreads7olde/...15e82#Post41822

#41824 - 01/22/09 07:21 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: Kirth_Dube]
dingane Offline
Mafikizolo

Loc: Khanada
I'm very happy that this question was asked clearly. If my memory is correct it is the very same question that our "resident expert" Jazi poses - a carrot and a stick or is it a carrot and a watermelon as the mob would refer to it. Baba Dube if I read your response correctly you appear to say mpc does not believe in an armed struggle. Is this diplomacy or a policy of the MPC or whether you are speaking in your private capacity?
To say armed struggle is 'old fashioned' in Africa, Zimbabwe a country that is worse than countries at war is tantamount to playing with people's mind. Ungangizwa kubi baba I love MPC and admire umsebenzi eliwenza but I believe MPC with its seccessionist policies cannot succeed without guns. Let me be clear baba you cannot compare Zimbabwe, a tribal democracy to countries like the US, UK, Canada, etc where minorities have rights. In Zimbabwe you need the power of the metal as a leverage in negotiating partioning of Zimbabwe. Why do you think Shonas have no respect for Mthwakazians? The simple answer is because we (Mthwakazians) have no guns and Mugabe & friends have guns. The same goes for Tshwangilayi. If he was smart and had guns he would be president by now.
Investing in guns is investing in respect and dignity for our people.

Edited by dingane (01/22/09 07:56 PM)

#41825 - 01/22/09 07:36 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: dingane]
Kirth_Dube Offline
Sakhamuzi

As I am not an Inkundla forumite I have asked uKirth Dube to upload this contribution for me. Kirth does not therefore have any connection to this contribution. The contribution is also written in my private capacity and is not the opinion of MPC.

I wish to thank all you Inkundla forumites who have made contributions with regard to our new site and the message I put out in my capacity as MPC's interim president. I extend my thanks both to those that support me and MPC as well as those that criticise us. Sizakwakhiwa yini. I read Inkundla a lot and I think it is a wonderful thing that this forum exists. I cammend its administrator.

First things first. I have come to Inkundla really just to drive the point home that MPC is about political engagement between and accross all divides, as Kirth said in his posting yesterday. I have come perhaps also to say things more freely than I would if writing in an official capacity. Hopefully, all you forumites will not see this as a 'superior' body muscling in.

Reading through all of your contributions I cannot help but notice an under current of either staunch supporters or very angry opponents of MPC. Clearly, MPC has hit a raw nerve. (Notice, I don't say a right or wrong nerve). Senwaye lapho okuluma khona, as someone recently said. That is what we intended.

But for me, it is not whether we are supported or opposed. What is important is that we see people engaging politically with this difficult issue of our time. Some of those so opposed are not doing so out of hatred, though some of them are. I believe some of those criticising MPC are doing so out of a genuine fear that this project might not be practical and attainable and will only sap our people's energies to go for options that are 'achievable' and 'practical'. Those that support us perhaps already appreciate the practicality and the attainability of MPC's project. Those are two different viewpoints and positions.

I see our role as being persuasion, to win people over, not just by what we say but critically by what we will do. It is never an easy to be defining and to challenge the mainstream. You can go back as far as you can in history. You will see that what made history and will continue to make history is the defining and not the mainstream. Barak Obama was only right to remind his fellow Americans at his inauguration that America's greatness comes through when America is challenged by difficult time. It must be with all nations. So must it be with ours.

What we see as settled today, and take for granted, was built through blood and sweat. America's democracy is an example. Our own history is proof of that. Estimates are that Mzilikazi started off with around 2000 or so men, women and children. Here we are today. The world abounds with such examples.

I also note that there are concerns with MPC's methods of work and whether there is a difference between partition and secession and whether those two positions entail different working methods and whether this implies MPC should now enter Zimbabwe's elections.

First, let me say there is a lot we are learning from contributions to Inkundla that make us think twice and reflect. We can only express our appreciation to those contributions. Second, I don't wish to engage these issues directly because these are matters MPC's NEC are discussing and fine-tuning. I do not therefore wish to pre-emptthose discussions.

However, I can comment generally about our working method because that is now in the public domain. I do so not by advocating MPC's position but by a general statement why we should not and cannot choose any other method - armed struggle, for example - which has been banded about in the past and which I comment on briefly in my message posted on our site.

See, the international political architecture that facilitated armed struggle has long gone. What we have seen inn recent years as armed movements have really been relics of that old order. But if you look at the post-Cold War history of all those movements, right accross the world, all those armed movements have begun unravelling. Closer home, look at Unita, Renamo, Polisario Liberation Front, just to mention a few in Africa. Further afield look at Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso), ETA, IRA in Europe. In Asia one of the last remaining such movements, Tamil Tigers, was only some two weeks routed by the Sri Lankan army. The last time I saw something about them, their capital was surrounded by the Sri Lankan army. I could go on ......

The critical question is why these setbacks? Critically for us, why go where everybody is coming from, and has failed? Granted, there are others who succeeded but it is critical to know when?

My point is, politics is about judgment (which you can get right or wrong) and vision. I think MPC's reading of the world is the correct one and holds promise. Our region is rebuilding after years of war in the region, quite rightly, and it is simply the wrong idea to think that any other method would work. MPC believes that it can work with and within the mechanisms and governments in the region and further afield and achieve what we want to achieve. I think MPC is right.

There is also the point about whether being MPC and fighting for Mthwakazi makes anyone enemies or excludes them. Nothing could be more disgusting. What is happening in present-day Zimbabwe affects everybody inside it, whether they are Ndebele or Shona, Indian or Coloured, Khalanga or Xhosa, Tonga or Tshangani etc.

But here is the crucial difference. The rest of Zimbabwe is only a recent addition to this suffering. UMthwakazi has suffered since 1980 and is still suffering today.

And there is a further difference. By its very construction, Zimbabwe says you and I are excluded from the leadership of present-day Zimbabwe because we are not the right tribe. So, even if you had the right ideas you should keep quiet or if you need to advance them you should find a Shona person who should then talk on your behalf. Look at Zanu-PF and both factions of the MDC. They are paradigms of Zimbabwe's own construction. I beg to differ.

Discrimination is discrimination, whether it is on the basis of race, tribe, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, background, place of origin etc. Each leads to its own detrimental consequences. Rhodesia's discrimination was race. It led to a war. Zimbabwe's, is tribe, and if handled carelessly has ominous prospects for future generations (it already does). Had Zimbabwe been constructed differently, perhaps MPC would not have existed and had Rhodesia been constructed differently we would not have had Zapu and Zanu, and a war.

Therefore, contrary to what people might say MPC's agenda is also Zimbabwe's agenda. It would be a failure of political judgment if in our work as Mthwakazi and MPC we failed to engage and accommodate those we consider our political adversaries in our debates and aspirations. We should win them over to the wisdom (note, I don't say 'goodness') of partition.

To those who are concerned about how long this 'political process of MPC' will take, I can only remind them that they are today the consumers of an end-product some of whose creators never saw, whether it be Mzilikazi or Zimbabwe's independence. Its sacrifice for just causes. The selfishness of our time must give way to the selflessness and sacrifice of old, which has enabled all of us today to enjoy the political labour of others who have left us.

Finally, I need to say this: those of us who have come out openly to advance uMthwakazi's agenda will be attacked by the whole apparatus of Shona domination, with all the might it has at its disposal, to defend its advantage and opportunity. (The use of the word 'Shona' is regrettable but unavoidable). I think it will be foolhardy of all of you Mthwakazians if you failed to come to our defence and hold the fort with us becuase when that machine starts rolling it will not care nor know that you don't support or you despise MPC. It will roll with merciless efficiency over all of you as it has done in the past. This is fact. The system politicises anything you do, whether its a football club, a co-operative, a sewing club etc etc. How else could it be if it politicises uMthwakazi's very being?

Above all, I think we should shape ourselves as we want to. My message was that we should not allow anyone to force us to shape ourselves in their image, as most of us have tended to over the years. We have a character. Let us let it show and speak. We are who we are. I am not afraid or apologetic to say I am Ndebele and proud to be so.

The future lies with political dialogue and engagement, regardless of the enormity of the task at hand. Once we get this wrong with MPC, as we did with Zimbabwe, we will have made a costly mistake. Debate and engagement begin now and not later. And we should guard against the creation of a personal cult. It is the begin of the end. These are my personal opinions.

I hope to join Inkundla soon and become a regular contributor.

Ndaba

#41828 - 01/22/09 09:09 PM Re: MPC AIMS AND OBJECTIVES [Re: dingane]
Sibambamahawu Offline
Ndunankulu

Loc: KwaGodlwayo
Originally Posted By: dingane
I'm very happy that this question was asked clearly. If my memory is correct it is the very same question that our "resident expert" Jazi poses - a carrot and a stick or is it a carrot and a watermelon as the mob would refer to it. Baba Dube if I read your response correctly you appear to say mpc does not believe in an armed struggle. Is this diplomacy or a policy of the MPC or whether you are speaking in your private capacity?
To say armed struggle is 'old fashioned' in Africa, Zimbabwe a country that is worse than countries at war is tantamount to playing with people's mind. Ungangizwa kubi baba I love MPC and admire umsebenzi eliwenza but I believe MPC with its seccessionist policies cannot succeed without guns. Let me be clear baba you cannot compare Zimbabwe, a tribal democracy to countries like the US, UK, Canada, etc where minorities have rights. In Zimbabwe you need the power of the metal as a leverage in negotiating partioning of Zimbabwe. Why do you think Shonas have no respect for Mthwakazians? The simple answer is because we (Mthwakazians) have no guns and Mugabe & friends have guns. The same goes for Tshwangilayi. If he was smart and had guns he would be president by now.
Investing in guns is investing in respect and dignity for our people.

Dingane
I agree with you fully on what you said, but i would like to invite you to read the following document i took from MPC's website. This is a document about the envisaged government MGTA (Mthwakazi Transitional Government Authority), according to the document the MGTA will have most of the government powers and portfolios including security and defense.Therefore i think your concerns are covered here.

MTHWAKAZI GOVERNMENT TRANSITIONAL AUTHORITY (MGTA):
THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE STATE OF UMR

The Character of MPC

Article 4.1 MPC is a social democratic political movement which unites individuals, groups, organizations and political forces of Mthwakazi into one united political front for the political independence and separate statehood of Mthwakazi. MPC is committed to non-violence and peaceful political means to achieve its Aims and Objectives. ?

1. Introduction

The Foreign Relations Law of the United States of America defines a state as ?? an entity that has a defined territory and a permanent population, under the control of its own government, and that engages in, or has the capacity to engage in, formal relations with other such entities.?

This is the traditional view and is largely seen as a starting point.

It is now accepted that a state is created when effectively such a state is said to exist. This is called the principle of effectiveness. In other words, a state exists when the situation on the ground shows that such an entity now exists. This is almost accepted as the sole criterion for state-formation. In terms of this formulation it is therefore not necessary for Mthwakazi to engage in a tick-box exercise to check whether uMthwakazi meets the traditional criteria of state formation.

It is customary for existing states to then ?recognize? a new state as existing. However, it is now settled law that existence of a state is independent of recognition by other states. Recognition is not a formal requirement of statehood; recognition only accepts a factual occurrence. Recognition is therefore only ?declarative? but not ?constitutive? of a state.

It is now accepted that the determining factor is solely the actual and concrete presence of three related factors: national territory; citizenry and state authority.

From the above it is clear uMthwakazi meets the above criteria except in one aspect, and that is, state authority. At present, uMthwakazi has no state authority exercising governmental functions.

This is where MGTA comes in. UMthwakazi needs a transitional governmental authority leading to full statehood under an independent and sovereign UMR.

2. What is MGTA?

MGTA stands for Mthwakazi Government Transitional Authority. As its name suggests, it is conceived as the governmental authority of Mthwakazi in this transitional stage. Its purpose will be to exercise governmental powers transferred to it through political negotiations in the transitional phase.

MGTA is therefore as much a legal mechanism as it is a political, diplomatic one. Its political purpose is to create a de facto (existing as a fact) state and bring about its de jure (legal) recognition. It is therefore important for MPC to launch a diplomatic initiative to sell and achieve the international recognition of MGTA.

3. How is MGTA to be constituted?

It is not possible to predict with precision the political processes through which MGTA will be achieved. What is given below is a general outline of possible processes.

a) Transitional Zimbabwe Government;
b) Constitutional Conference and New Constitution;
c) New Constitution to provide for MGTA;
d) Elections and New Government;
e) Transitional Parliament with Members of Parliament (MP) and Members of Mthwakazi Parliament (MMP);
f) MGTA to write new UMR Constitution during transitional phase;
g) End of Transitional Phase;
h) UMR Elections;
i) Constitution of UMR Government.

For a detailed road map please refer to ?Velvet Divorce? document in the ?Documents? section of our website www.mthwakazionline.org.

4. MGTA: Constitutional Status

It is important that MGTA be legislated and be created and provided for in the Transitional Constitution of Zimbabwe.

It is therefore critical that uMthwakazi place MGTA high on the agenda of the Constitutional Conference and negotiate constructively for the inclusion of MGTA in the Transitional Constitution. This constitutional status will enable MGTA to be accepted internationally and enable the international community to deal legally and politically with it.

Once MGTA is negotiated and achieved this way it will become a quasi-state pending full statehood after Mthwakazi?s independence.

The importance of the Constitutional Conference and constitution-writing process (we have called it CODAZ) cannot be emphasized enough for Mthwakazi. These processes are critical to get right.

The Constitution or Rules of Procedure of MGTA will be drafted by the constitution drafting committee.

ESSENTIAL OPERATIONAL
COMPONENTS OF MGTA

5. MGTA Executive Departments (Ministries)

The following are proposed as the Ministries or executive departments of MGTA (UMR):

1) Agriculture and Land Affairs;
2) Arts, Culture, Science and Technology;
3) Defense;
4) Education and Skills;
5) Tourism, Sport and Recreation;
6) Finance;
7) Foreign Affairs;
8) Home Affairs;
9) Health and Human Services;
10) Housing and Urban Development;
11) Justice and Correctional Services;
12) Labour;
13) Minerals and Energy;
14) Communications;
15) Homeland Security;
16) Intelligence and Security;
17) Trade and Industry;
18) Transport;
19) Environment, Water Affairs and Forestry;
20) Work and Social Development;
21) State Affairs and Communities;
22) Modernization and Change;
23) Regeneration and Infrastructure Development.

This is a working list. It is hoped that the final list will be written into the country constitution to give the list the necessary permanency.

It is important to stress that not all of these departments are critical at the transitional stage of MGTA. Less critical functions will have to be deferred to UMR. The most important are discussed in 4 below.

6. MGTA: Assumption of State or Governmental Functions: Apparatus of Government

There are a number of ways by which uMthwakazi can assume governmental functions through MGTA. There is no way of knowing in advance the precise constitutional arrangements for that but it is possible to put out general proposals about how the constitutional arrangements might look.

6.1 Apparatus of Government

 The apparatus of government (governmental authority) might be constituted as follows during the transitional phase:

a) First Minister of UMR and Deputy President of Zimbabwe, or
b) Prime Minister and Deputy President of Zimbabwe; plus
c) Executive Committee of Ministers (Executive departments of MGTA)

 The transitional constitution must be able to spell out the precise designation of the head of executive of MGTA. However this is styled the post itself must begin to transfer executive (governmental) power to the people of Mthwakazi. The head of the executive must exercise such powers with the help of an executive council of ministers as outlined above.

 It is important that the head of executive of MGTA be part of the existing government of Zimbabwe as this is critical for the smooth transfer of executive power to Mthwakazi and that he/she be part of the team overseeing the division of assets.

 The above is only one example of how governmental authority might start to flow to Mthwakazi through MGTA. The possible scenarios are many.

6.2 Mthwakazi Parliament (Mhlahlandlela): Legislative Functions

 Legislative functions of MGTA must vest in Mthwakazi Parliament, made up of one chamber at the transitional stage: the House of Representatives. Should there be strong need for a second chamber this can be added and called the Senate.

- The precise number of the House of Representatives is a matter of negotiation at the transitional stage.

7. Projection and exercise of State Authority: Key Ministries

All executive functions of state are important but there are four critical executive functions which must be transferred to MGTA if uMthwakazi is to have state authority and meet the requisites for a state. These are:

a) The transfer of foreign relations function;
b) The transfer of finance/treasury functions;
c) The establishment of Mthwakazi National Defence Force (MNDF) (Shield or iHawu LeSizwe);
d) The establishment of Mthwakazi Police Services (MPS);
e) The establishment of Mthwakazi Security Services (MSS). These are presently styled the National Intelligence Service (NiS) and the National Secret Service (NaSS)

The importance of MNDF, MPS and MSS are self-explanatory in terms of the critical requirements of state-formation. The ability to defend the state and to protect the citizenry is a critical element of statehood. It is critical that the defence and security apparatus of Mthwakazi take root quickly.

The ability to self-finance (raise taxes for state functions) and the ability to enter into relations with other states (foreign relations) is equally important.

All these four functions provide, on an immediate basis, the critical ingredient of statehood that are presently lacking in Mthwakazi?s quest for full statehood and sovereignty. It is critical that this lacuna be closed with urgency.

8. Key Transitional Ministries: Transfer of power mechanisms

8.1 Ministry (Executive Department) of Defence

 MGTA must recommend to the transitional government of Zimbabwe and approve those appointments and the President must appoint senior military staff of Mthwakazi to be seconded to Ministry of Defence of Zimbabwe. These senior officers of Mthwakazi will work together with senior military personnel of Zimbabwe in all transitional measures.

 Appropriate command structures must begin to be transferred to MNDF

 Members of the emerging MNDF must begin to wear uniforms separate and distinct from those of the present military of Zimbabwe and must immediately be distinguishable as such.

 Senior military personnel of ZNA and MNDF must draw up an inventory of military assets to be shared between MGTA and Zimbabwe for these to be agreed by the political leadership of both countries.

8.2 Ministry (Executive Department) of Intelligence and Security

 The President must appoint intelligence and security personnel of Mthwakazi recommended and approved by MGTA for secondment to the security and intelligence services of present-day Zimbabwe. This applies to both civilian and military intelligence.

 There must be genuine, open, accountable and verifiable exchange and transfer of intelligence and security information, including archive material and other material information presently held by the government of Zimbabwe on any subject of the future UMR.

 Senior intelligence and security personnel of Zimbabwe and Mthwakazi must draw up an inventory of assets to be shared between the two countries and present these to the political leadership of both Mthwakazi and Zimbabwe.

 Oversight arrangements for all security and intelligence matters shall be the responsibility of MGTA.

8.3 Ministry (Executive Department) of Finance

 The President must appoint the Executive Member responsible for Finance in MGTA to Zimbabwe?s Ministry of Finance on a seconded basis to the Minister.

 The Executive Member responsible for Finance in MGTA, working together with the Minister of Finance, must be uMthwakazi?s Single Treasury Account, through which all funds donated by the international community for MGTA shall be channeled. The Government of Zimbabwe must undertake to deposit an opening balance to enable MGTA to commence its tasks. MGTA must also undertake that all funds donated shall be channeled only through this account for the duration of transition.

 The Government of Zimbabwe must transfer all financial and fiscal mechanisms to MGTA?s department of Finance via the Executive Member responsible for finance in MGTA.

 MGTA?s department of finance, working together with Zimbabwe?s Ministry of Finance, must draw up an inventory of assets to be shared between the two countries and all matters of a financial nature relating to those assets.

 MGTA may choose to second personnel to the Ministry of Finance during the transitional phase but this is optional to MGTA.

8.3 Ministry (Executive Department) of Foreign Affairs

 The President must appoint the Executive Member responsible for foreign affairs for secondment to the Zimbabwe?s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

 The Government of Zimbabwe must begin to transfer foreign relations matters to the Executive Member responsible for foreign affairs. In all foreign affairs engagements the Government of Zimbabwe must make it clear that their position is that of Zimbabwe and not MGTA, and vice versa.

 There must be genuine, open, accountable and verifiable exchange and transfer of intelligence and security information to MGTA of all such information relating to foreign matters and uMthwakazi?s relations with other nations.

 The Executive Member responsible for foreign affairs in MGTA, working together with Zimbabwe?s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Zimbabwe?s Minister of Finance, must draw up an inventory of assets to be shared between the two countries and present these to the political leadership of both Mthwakazi and Zimbabwe.

9. Other Executive departments of MGTA

 Similar arrangements can be made in relation to other executive departments of MGTA for transfer of governmental power to Mthwakazi, with appropriate adjustments.

10. Mhlahlandlela: Mthwakazi Parliament

UMhlahlandlela or Mthwakazi Parliament refers to both the legislative body and parliament building.

10.1 Financing of Mhlahlandlela (Parliament)

 The financing of Mhlahlandlela during the transitional phase (MGTA) will have to be done either directly from Zimbabwe Government?s treasury or through MGTA?s Single Treasury Account. The precise arrangement will have to be made close to the agreement to partition.

 The same applies to financing Mhlahlandlela?s temporary building and all necessary refurbishments. The design, building, location and financing of Mthwakazi?s permanent parliament building will however remain the sole responsibility of MGTA.

10.2 Mhlahlandlela; Parliament Building

 There are existing buildings in Bulawayo which can be adapted and suitably refurbished for MGTA?s parliament as a transitional measure.

 The identification of the location, design, construction and financing of Mthwakazi?s permanent remains the sole responsibility of MGTA.

11. MGTA Coat of Arms

MGTA will have to design a Coat of Arms for Mthwakazi to be used by all its executive departments, which reflects the vision and values of Mthwakazi as a people. This is work-in-progress. It is envisaged that MGTA will have a separate website of its own. The site will also be accessible via the link MTHWAKAZI.GOV at the top left of this website

Moderator:  Jakalas 
Shout Box

Advert